SIMNRA 6 is a Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 program for the computer simulation of ion beam analysis methods using MeV ions.
SIMNRA 6 is outdated. It is highly recommended to download the current version 7.
By installation of SIMNRA 6 you agree to the product license agreement.
Please send a mail to Matej.Mayer@ipp.mpg.de if you download this software.
SIMNRA 6.06 implements reading and writing of data files in IBA data format (IDF). This is an XML-based data format which allows easy exchange of data between different ion beam analysis simulation programs. It allows also forward compatibility to future versions of SIMNRA.
- Read/write of IBA Data Format 1.0.
- Faster startup when running as OLE server.
Download SIMNRA 6.06.
SIMNRA 6.05 is mainly intended for improved compatibility with cross-section data files from the Ion Beam Analysis Nuclear Data Library (IBANDL) at http://www-nds.iaea.org/ibandl/. It offers also a few minor improvements and fixes a few bugs from previous versions, which could occur in special situations.
- Improved compatibility with IBANDL cross-section data files.
- Lowest possible cut-off energy 1 keV instead of 10 keV.
- Files Stop\SRIM2003_*.dat and Stop\ZB_*.dat are now deleted during uninstall.
- An endless loop could occur if there were no outgoing particles from a layer.
- The spectra for H, D and T were not properly distinguished in some cases.
Download SIMNRA 6.05.
SIMNRA 6.04 offers a considerably faster dual scattering calculation, and allows dual scattering calculations with mixed Rutherford/non-Rutherford coss-sections. It fixes also a few bugs from previous versions, see below.
SIMNRA 6.04 contains the program RESOLNRA 1.0 for depth resolution calculations. RESOLNRA allows to find the optimum experimental conditions for ion beam analysis methods, thus enabling optimized measurements. It is also indispensable for the design of new experimental set-up’s.
- Calculation of pile-up was inaccurate if pile-up rejector was on and pulse rise time was very long (> 5 µs). Bug fixed.
- Calculation of pile-up was inconsistent between pile-up rejector on and off. Only relevant at very high count rates, when losses from channels play a role. Bug fixed.
- In some cases a NRA-file containing the unknown element 'XX' can be written. This file cannot be opened again. Bug fixed.
- Calculation was incorrect, if dual scattering and multiple scattering were switched on simultaneously. Bug fixed.
- Dual scattering calculation was only fully correct for IBM geometry, including normal incidence. Changed to general geometry.
- In a few special cases the error message 'Too many data points' was shown erroneously. Bug fixed.
- Geometrical straggling calculation was only correct for IBM geometry. Fixed for Cornell geometry.
Download SIMNRA 6.04.
SIMNRA 6.03 is considerably faster than previous versions, and fixes a few bugs from SIMNRA 6.0 and 6.02.
- Faster energy-loss calculation with Ziegler-Biersack stopping.
- Improved algorithm for straggling calculation, resulting in faster calculations.
- Straggling due to multiple scattering was not propagated in foil. Bug fixed.
- Energy-loss straggling was inaccurate for nuclear reactions. Bug fixed.
- File:Print did not work correctly. Bug fixed.
- If Log-file was selected without administrator privileges, this could result in an error under special circumstances. Bug fixed.
- Bug fixes from SIMNRA 6.02 are included, see there.
Download SIMNRA 6.03.
SIMNRA 6.02 is a bug-fix release for SIMNRA 6.0.
- Faster energy-loss calculation with SRIM_2003 stopping powers.
- Very thin layers (with energy-loss in the layer below 0.1 keV) were neglected by SIMNRA 6.0. Bug fixed.
- Electronic energy loss straggling was inaccurate for very large energy losses when the ion energy approached zero. Bug fixed.
Download SIMNRA 6.02.
Download SIMNRA 6.0.